Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The histoy of FUCK


My lappy kept me awake the whole of last night as a result of which I ended up missing all of my classes except one, which i spent sitting at the end of class watching "andaz apna apna" on the lappy using a pair of hidden headphones :D :D

The rest of the day was bunked under the disguise of practicing for the convocation ceremony on Wednesday(for which I am the compere)

most of which was actually spent way away from the college, munching on pizza in a near deserted pizzahut in sector 14 with the rest of my compeering team

I was the only girl in that group of 5, a fact these guys decided to overlook. As a result I was witness to some pretty interesting conversations. bole to fultoo guy talk

discussing everything from

the pros and cons of working within the system or without..

seasons of "how I met your mother" and "The Simpsons"..

raunchy jokes..

gay jokes..

whether dariyayi ghoda is a sea horse or a hippopotamus (which lead to a heated discussion on whether dariya is a lake or a marsh or open sea)..

The detailed biology of a vesiculectomy..

who has the hots for which hot girl in college..

the detailed actual meaning of various swear words.. for instance the commonly used hindi abuse word chutiya means the clitoris

a discussion on whether an idol is human or should he be God(one particular person's idol worship being in question here)

and yes some very interesting word roots.. the best of which was "FUCK"

I found out that FUCK is actually an acronym which originated in Britain in the 15th century or so. So as to control the fast growing population, it was decreed that even to have sex with one's wife, one had to take a permit from the king. Those who had the permit used to put up a sign outside their doors stating "Fornicating Under Consent of King" or simply FUCK


Quite an interesting day now, wasn't it?

Even though I was thrown way out of my comfort zone today, what with being part of conversations which I had never even dared to have in a group of girls let alone one of boys and even though my ears turned as hot as the inside of a furnace from embarressment on more than one occassion (it might surprise u but I am the kind of girl who rarely swears, in fact I didnt even know the meaning of most of the swear words till 3rd year of college), I actually enjoyed myself a lot. All the discussions, all the facts, all the fun added much spice to my otherwise drab life and to my own surprise I am actually looking forward to spending more time with these guys..

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://devilz-abode.blogspot.com/2005/09/one-of-most-colourful-words-of-english.html

:)

Impressionist said...

heh! :D
Its high time u got enlightened about all the swear words!
go to this link Here
and browse through the links to learn some swear words! :D heh!
DANG! I feel so proud today!!

-I

Solitaire said...

Guys can be a lot of fun to be around (if they are not busy hitting on you)!

Sukanya said...

i cant imagine being in ur place!!!

kyamaloom said...

Learning is always fun. There is still loads which is left. ;)

Mez said...

kHehe...i was so much like u. a total dud wen comes to those non-veggy things. Am still gettin better with time.O btw nice post up on other blog. I totally lurved da pics. frm where did u get 'em?so u in gurgaon huh?

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

hey i heard dat a few days ago too...was quite surprised...d history n d way ppl use d word contradict each othr!! inne?

gypsy said...

Well ...

i heard this long time back...and then i have been writtin this on blackboards d nobdy ever guessed it...hahaha..had fun...wth fuck history...:)

Anonymous said...

bhelwcome to the club baby...i hv always been in guys group n my swears would be evident in all the posts i think :P. they are fun to be with babe. nice post !!!

geet

Gonecase aka. Shutter Singh said...

I knew it, I knew it :D

freesherry said...

@humbledevil
lol
that really was hillarious :)

freesherry said...

@impressionist
thank u for the educational insight :D

freesherry said...

@solitaire
actually 3 of them were younger to me and the fourth was well, what do i say.. indifferent :D
so no chance of anyone hitting on me
pure undilluted fun :D

freesherry said...

knatchbulley hugzscene
it really wasn't that bad

freesherry said...

@rohit
you bet there is.. but i guess that was about all i could handle in one session :D

freesherry said...

@mez
lol
i too am learning.. slowly but steadily :D
and as for the other blog.. thanks :)
I googled for love and collage and loved these
yup I am in gurgaon for another month or so but after that college would get over and i have no idea where i would be

freesherry said...

@gunj
absolutely
imagine what would happen if people started putting FUCK on their front doors :D :D :D

freesherry said...

@d sinner
really???
must have had a lot of fun :D :D

freesherry said...

@geet
thanku h ji :)

freesherry said...

@gonecase
I expected u to :P

BIG Omi said...

Oh fuck.
I never knew it..
kewl Factathlon..
Omi

freesherry said...

lol
yes it is

Aseem .... said...

glad to know that ...

freesherry said...

@aseem :)

Anonymous said...

its always good to learn sumthing new..:-)... nwell do update us on what all new gyaan u have gained...lolz
cheerz

IncorrigibleV said...

hehe i have this privilege everyday :P
im the only girl in this really big group of guys and its so much fun :)
i love hearing "tu toh apna banda hai" love being pampered and love the fact that i understand all their jokes and hidden references :)
but ya the one thing i didnt know and came to know from ur post was the meanin of chutiya... i remember having asked one of my guy frnds sometime ago and i rem he very smartly dodged the question!! :P
fun post!

freesherry said...

@samby
lol
sure will keep everyone posted :D

freesherry said...

@vandy
hehe no wonder he didnt reply to ur question :D

radiohead said...

well yes.. my friend complains a lot about tht when she is out with us, cause afterall we would be guyz rite, not our fault ;) .. but then she keeps giggling too .. so obviously not our fault ..

actually .. there is a lot of fun in this kind of sadistic humor ;)

its gud you enjoyed it .. now I can be mean :P muhahaha

freesherry said...

@anuj
hehe
I am sure the poor thing has no option but to giggle.. its something we girls do when we are embarressed by this kind of talk
:D
but no complaints all in all its fun :D

and mean.. hmmm.. why would u want to be mean to me?? :(